IPO Edge hosted a Webinar on Tuesday, April 14: SPACs – Can They Capitalize on the Current Environment? The Webinar, sponsored by Stifel and ICR, brought together investment bankers, advisors, and several senior executives with many years of collective experience running successful SPACs.
The Webcast replay is available here:
The coronavirus crisis triggered a plunge in asset valuations as well as a liquidity crisis among both public and private companies. The current environment may present an opportunity for SPACs, which currently have over $18 billion in cash that can be deployed strategically in coming months.
Topics for the Webinar included the benefits of SPACs as a path to liquidity, the possibility of a SPAC merging with an already-listed company, companies choosing SPACs over regular-way IPOs, the role of PIPEs in future SPAC transactions, and the outlook for new fundraising.
- Daniel J. Hennessy, Chairman & CEO, Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp. IV
- Andrew R. Heyer, President, Haymaker Acquisition Corp. II
- Daniel Cohen, CEO, FinTech Acquisition Corp. III
- Robert Berner, Director, Bespoke Capital Acquisition Corp.
- Brian Cook, CEO, Juniper Industrial Holdings
- John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, IPO Edge
- Craig M. DeDomenico, Managing Director, Equity and Equity-Linked Capital Markets, Stifel
- Alysa Craig, Managing Director, Investment Banking, Stifel
- Don Duffy, President, ICR