Special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, have led the recovery on Wall Street in the months following the coronavirus pandemic. Looking ahead, IPO Edge hosted a virtual forum with leading market participants and advisors to discuss the role of SPACs for investors and companies planning public listings. The approximately 90-minute event was held Thursday, July 23, at 3:00 p.m. EDT.
The panel covered the following topics:
- SPACs as an alternative to traditional IPOs
- The acceleration of SPAC M&A activity
- The role of investment banks in both SPAC IPOs and M&A
- Technology companies seeking public listing
- PIPEs and debt to support SPAC transactions
Panel participants included experts in IPO planning and execution:
- Jeffrey Smith, Partner in Sidley Austin LLP’s M&A and Private Equity practice
- Olympia McNerney, Managing Director, Head of US SPACs, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
- Eli Baker, Partner at Eagle Equity Partners, President at Flying Eagle Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: FEAC), President of Diamond Eagle Acquisition Corp. (SPAC sponsor of DraftKings Inc. [NASDAQ: DKNG])
- Karen Snow, Senior Vice President, Head of East Coast Listings & Capital Services, Nasdaq
- Don Duffy, President, ICR
- John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, IPO Edge
John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief