IPO Edge, in partnership with The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association, a Florida trade association for financial professionals and ultra high net worth investors, will host a fireside chat Wednesday, December 9 at 2pm EST with Knightscope – Security Robots of the Future and Investing in MaaS. The event will last approximately one hour with time set aside for public audience Q&A.
The virtual event will feature Knightscope CEO William Li, who will discuss how the company’s autonomous security robots create a safer environments at a fraction of the cost of human guards. The company is not currently traded publicly but any investor can purchase shares in Knightscope through its Reg A+ offering, available here. New investors will join over 16,000 shareholders who have helped the company raise over $70 million.
Electric vehicles made by the likes of Tesla, Inc. and Nikola Corporation have become increasingly important in the investment community. Corporate conference call mentions, global search volume and Google Trends for “electric vehicle” are near all-time highs and Tesla’s market capitalization is higher than Exxon, Chevron, Ford and General Motors combined, according to Sentieo, an AI-enabled research platform.
But while many EV companies vie for commercial and consumer customers, Knightscope has emerged as a leader in its niche. It is disrupting the security industry by replacing humans who are prone to frequent error.
The company has already been credited with reducing crime as reported by clients, who include hospitals, Fortune 1000 corporations, and law enforcement agencies. In October, the company also landed and deployed its first U.S. federal government contract.
Knightscope has so far generated over $10 million in revenue and each robot is expected to generate up to $250,000 in profit over a five-year life.
Mr. Li will discuss:
- Machine-as-a-Service (MaaS)
- The “market for crime” never going away
- The technology behind autonomous robots
- Coordinating with human security guards
- Knightscope’s browser-based user interface, the KSOC (Knightscope Security Operations Center)
- People detection
- Intellectual property
- Path to profitability
About Mr. Li:
- Seasoned entrepreneur, intrapreneur and former corporate executive at Ford Motor Company
- Founder and Chief Operating Officer of GreenLeaf, which became the world’s 2nd largest automotive recycler (now part of NASDAQ: LKQ)
- BSEE from Carnegie Mellon University and MBA from University of Detroit Mercy
IPO Edge Contact:
John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief