IPO Edge hosted a fireside chat with the President & COO of SES Holdings Pte. Ltd. to discuss the company’s Li-metal battery technology, the future of the EV battery market, the company’s business combination with Ivanhoe Capital Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: IVAN), and future strategic goals. The event, hosted in partnership with The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association, featured SES President & COO Rohit Makharia joined by IPO Edge Editor-at-Large Jarrett Banks and Multimedia Editor Alexandra Lane in a moderated video session lasting approximately 60 minutes including a Q&A with the audience.
Mr. Makharia discussed:
- SES background and history
- The SES strategic vision
- SES management team
- Future of the electric vehicle battery market and Li-metal as a dominant technology
- Hybrid Li-metal approach vs. Solid State
- Partnerships with GM and Hyundai
- Technology comparison with current Li-ion batteries and other competitors
- Going public through a SPAC vehicle with Ivanhoe
- Strategic investors
About the Speaker:
Rohit Makharia President & COO, 19 years at General Motors including 12 years in battery and fuel cell development and 7 years in venture investment. He previously led battery development for the Chevy Bolt and served on the board of SES before his current roles as President and COO.