IPO Edge and the Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association hosted a fireside chat with the Founder & CEO of Heliogen, Inc. to discuss the pending business combination with Athena Technology Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: ATHN), business outlook and future plans for growth, and Heliogen’s AI-enabled concentrated solar power systems. The event featured Heliogen Founder & CEO Bill Gross, joined by IPO Edge Editor-in-Chief John Jannarone and Editor-at-Large Jarrett Banks in a moderated video session lasting approximately 60 minutes and including a Q&A with the audience.
Watch the two highlight videos below (or click the link underneath to see the entire event):
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on eliminating the need for fossil fuels in heavy industry and powering a sustainable future. The company’s AI-enabled, modular concentrated solar technology aims to cost-effectively deliver near 24/7 carbon-free energy in the form of heat, power, or green hydrogen fuel at scale – for the first time in history. Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator founded by Bill Gross in 1996. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.
On July 6, 2021, Heliogen entered into a definitive business combination agreement with Athena Technology Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: ATHN). Upon the closing of the business combination, Heliogen will become publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the new ticker symbol “HLGN”. Additional information about the transaction can be viewed here: heliogen.com/investor-center/.
Mr. Gross discussed:
- Business outlook and plans for growth following business combination with Athena Technology Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: ATHN)
- Heliogen’s proven AI-enabled concentrated solar power technology and its role in replacing fossil fuels and powering industry with near-24/7 available renewable energy
- HelioHeat providing carbon-free, ultra-high temperature heat to power heavy industrial processes
- HelioPower providing power made from sunlight using supercritical CO2turbines to power industrial facilities, data centers, and mining operations
- HelioFuel providing clean fuels like green hydrogen that can be used to power industry and as fuel in transportation, heavy equipment, and household heating
About the Speakers:
Bill Gross is the Founder and CEO of Heliogen. Bill is the founder of more than 150 companies over the last 30 years. Bill has a mechanical engineering degree from Caltech and his specialty is solar energy.
John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief