Companies focused on cannabis and related industries have recently discovered several ways to access the capital markets. Increasingly, they have pursued special purpose acquisition companies, or SPACs, as a path to going public. SPAC fundraising has reached a record in 2020, with transactions outside the cannabis industry also on the rise in sectors including consumer products, electric vehicles and technology. IPO Edge will host a virtual forum with leading SPACs, companies, and advisors to discuss the market outlook. The approximately 90-minute event will be held Wednesday, September 2, at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
To register for the forum please click here.
The live webcast, hosted in partnership with EarlyBirdCapital, Nasdaq, High Times, ICR, Intro-act Corp., and The Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association will include a panel discussion followed by a live Q&A session.
The panel will cover the following topics:
- SPACs vs. IPOs for cannabis industry companies
- Exchange listing considerations
- The role of investment banks in both SPAC IPOs and M&A
- The “De-SPAC” process in cannabis
- PIPEs and debt to support SPAC transactions
Panel I – Feedback from the Field
- Ed Kovary, Managing Director, Equity Capital Markets, EarlyBirdCapital, Inc.
- Gary Julien, Managing Director, Schultze Asset Management, LP; EVP, Schultze Special Acquisition Corp. (Nasdaq: SAMA)
- Kyle Detwiler, CEO, Clever Leaves (expected ticker: CLVR)
- Adam E. Levin, Executive Chairman, Hightimes Holding Corp. (expected ticker: HTHC)
- Bill Jenks, CEO, Intro-act Corp.
- John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief, IPO Edge (Moderator)
Panel II – Considerations for Dealmaking
- Robert Berner, Managing Partner, Bespoke Capital; Director, Bespoke Capital Acquisition Corp. (TSX: BC-U, OTC: BKCQF)
- Sarah Morgan, Partner, M&A, Capital Markets and Corporate Governance, Vinson & Elkins
- Eklavya Saraf, Global Head of SPAC Listings and Managing Director of New Listings, Nasdaq
- Jeff Bernstein, Managing Director, ICR Capital
- Hope King, Multimedia Editor, IPO Edge (Moderator)
John Jannarone, Editor-in-Chief